Dixie State University

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I Apply for Residency?

Complete the Residency Classification form. This application can be submitted in one of the following ways:

  • Hand Delivered to the Registrar’s Office on the first floor of the Holland Centennial Commons
  • Emailed to residency@utahtech.edu
  • Mailed to:
    Dixie State University Residency Officer
    Holland Centennial Commons, Registrar’s Office
    225 S. University Avenue
    Saint George, UT 84770
Why were my classes dropped?

Your classes may be dropped if:

  • Your tuition is not paid by the tuition deadline
  • You do not attend the first class and have not notified your instructor
  • You do not meet the prerequisite for the class
Why can't I get into the class I'm trying to register for?

You may not be able to register for a class due to one or more of the following:

  • Prerequisites have not been met for the class. Some classes require a minimum test score, a previously completed class, preparatory course work, program admission or instructor permission.
  • You can review prerequisites by class here.
  • Co-requisite class or lab was not added (e.g. BIOL 1010 and BIOL 1015 must be added together).
  • A registration hold has been placed on your account. You might have a hold due to an outstanding balance, academic standing, missing directory information, etc.
How do I add or drop a class?

Adding classes: You may register for a class online through the fifth day of a semester. If the class is full, you do not meet the prerequisites, or the fifth day of class has passed, you will need an Add Card to enroll.

If the class is full or the fifth day of class has passed, your instructor must sign your Add Card. If you do not meet the prerequisites for a class, the department chair must sign your Add Card. Return your signed add card to the Registrar’s Office to be enrolled in the class.

You may use an Add Card to join a class until the end of the fourth week of the semester.

Dropping classes: You may drop a class online through the end of the first week of the semester. If a class is dropped after the first week, a $10 drop fee will be added per class dropped. After the third week of class, a “W” will appear on your transcript and no tuition refund will be given. Classes may be dropped online through the end of of the eighth week of the Fall/Spring semester.

How do I audit a class?

Auditing a class allows you to attend a class without receiving a grade or credit. If you choose to audit a class, you must pay all applicable tuition and fees, but no grade or credit will be issued. To audit a class, complete the Audit Card and submit it to the Registrar’s Office before the end of the 4th week of classes.

How do I change my personal information?

To change your name, social security number, date of birth, or gender, please complete the Change of Personal Information form and bring the form with proper identification to the Registrar’s Office.

Note: a social security card is required for all name changes.

To change your contact information or marital status, login to your myDixie account and click on ‘Personal Information’ to update.

How do I get proof of enrollment?

You can either visit the Registrar’s Office, email your request to records@utahtech.edu, or online through the National Student Clearinghouse.

How does waitlisting work?

You can find more information on Waitlisting here.

How do I view my grades?

To view your grades, login to your myDixie account, click on the “Students” tab, select “Student Records” and choose “Final Grades” for an individual semester, or “Unofficial Transcript” to view all grades.